Advert Analysis - "Gino Truly Cares"


Add caption


Advertising has never been more exciting than in recent times and competition is escalating creativity to amazing heights all over the country. From the stale and academic "straight to the point" kind of scripts, advertising now provides entertainment to its viewers. Recollecting some ads always brings a smile to my face and that is what every advert should seek to do, as well as create an imprint in the minds of their customers.

 

One ad that comes to mind regarding this is the Gino Tomato Paste ad that has been running on TV for quite some time now. You might be familiar with it but if you are not, head over to YouTube to watch it.

 

In my opinion, the best part of this ad is the song that accompanies it:

 

Can you see it, the way that I’m feeling?

All I ever really wanted is here with me.

It’s my family, the place that I’m happy,

The happy moments make happy days.

Good always happens with Gino.

The family’s always happy with Gino.

The times we have here, the moments we share

Gino truly cares.

 

The song is catchy and trust me, if you watch it once or twice, you will find yourself humming along to it like I do!

 

With me, as with many others, I get a little impatient when I am watching a great show and it is interrupted by one boring advert or another. However, when this particular Gino advert comes on, I smile because I like how it makes me feel.  For the duration of the advert, I get soaked into it, it has my full attention. It makes me feel as though I can go out and buy Gino tomato paste and it will make me and my family happier.

 

One thing brands hope to do with their adverts is to persuade people to purchase the particular product they are advertising, and that is what this Gino advert has achieved with me. I have never been the type to fuss over which brand of tomato paste to get but since becoming familiar with the Gino Tomato Paste advert, I am always obliged to choose them over other brands. I suppose it does not hurt that the product is good too.

 

I asked a couple of people what they think about the ad to see whether they have the same views as I do. Here are two of the comments I got:

 

I love this advert, it has this calming effect and though it might sound funny, it makes me picture how my future family and I will be one day.

 

You are not alone, I do this too!

 

This advert appeals to the heart, it makes you fall in love with the people in it, and whenever I’m watching TV, I look forward to seeing it!

 

That is how I feel about it too!

 

The ad is only 50 seconds long so it does not drag or give you the chance to get bored. It is also very colourful and the different scenes; the pregnant mother with her family around her as she sits in the car and the newborn baby being handed to her as her family sits around her, have this gentleness that tugs at your heartstrings. The creators of this ad knew just the feelings they wanted to evoke in viewers and they nailed it!

 

At the end of the advert, you see a couple of tins of Gino Tomato Paste and the tagline, Gino truly cares. It is simple and it does not try too hard and that is why it sticks in your mind so easily. So whether Gino truly cares or not, the ad will sure make you believe that it does!

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Recent Posts

Facebook